Car Park Waterproofing
South West trains have contracted Roadgrip on a number of occasions to apply a waterproof resin floor coating to its car parks. Often, the requirement becomes apparent when cold weather sets in, so our teams often work in challenging conditions during the winter months – but we also completed the work on time.
For this project, we used the Deckmaster polyurethane HFS system, which not only waterproofs the car park decks but also helps to protect the underlying structure of the car park too, for added longevity.
Because it has been tested by BRE in accordance with BSEN1504-2, we knew that the product we applied is superior in its performance, safety and durability on concrete.
Hidden Benefits of Car Park Waterproofing
This particular waterproofing system was chosen because of the many advantages it brings to an external car park environment. For example:
- It dries fast after just one application, which was ideal in the weather we were working in.
- The system is cold applied too, which keeps odours low.
- The real beauty of the resin is that it comes with advanced levels of UV and chemical resistance, which in a car park such as this one with heavy traffic, the longevity is much greater than with other materials. The automotive chemicals such as oil, fuel, antifreeze and battery fluid are not likely to permeate the surface or degrade it. It’s easy to clean and maintain, too.
- Waterproofing car parks also improves the safety of a car park. In this case, the flooring is anti-slip, which is essential on a top deck of a car park in wet weather and cold temperatures.
- It extends the life of the car park structure, and provides optimum crack bridging and leak protection
- Its durability is excellent as it is highly resistant to abrasion and wear over time
In this case, we kept the car park markings clear and simple but this system does allow for creativity thanks to the range of colour available.
We have forged a reputation worldwide for our creativity in road markings. If you would like to make a memorable first impression, our design team will be happy to provide ideas for colour, layout and finish. Take a look at this car park marking example of how creativity can be used in car park marking or contact us to find out more.
See more of our work on Car Parks or contact us for a quick quote.