Apply to our latest job vacancy at Roadgrip by contacting us below:
Mechanical Engineer/Warehouse Co-Ordinator – Leighton Buzzard
Roadgrip Ltd is a multi-disciplined specialist services contractor working primarily in, but not limited to, the Airports, Highways, Motorsports and retail sectors.
The Company undertakes a variety of specialist contracting activities in the UK and abroad including:
- Line Marking/Airfield markings
- Surface coatings, waterproofing primarily in the retail and car park sectors
- Joint-sealing, saw cutting
- Concrete and asphalt repairs and specialist concrete surface protection systems
- Paint removal using hydro blasting and shot blasting
- Runway Rubber removal
- Formula1 line marking
- Asphalt preservation
We have a workforce of around 50 people anda fleet of vehicles comprising of vans and a couple of LGVs. We have a number of plant trailers, self-propelled floor saws, thermoplastic line marking equipment and boilers, joint sealing machinery, grooving machinery, compressors, surface dryers and paint sprayers. In addition, we also have a significant amount of smaller items of plant such as hand held motors, Stihl saws, hydraulic packs etc
All our activities require the use of specialist bespoke plant and equipment.
The job holder needs to have previous engineering/mechanical experience possibly gained from the military or armed forces or experience of working with large plant and/or agricultural equipment. More importantly, the job holder needs to be team player, with enthusiasm and who has a hunger and desire to learn. We are a growing business and we are passionate about delivering great service and a can-do attitude for our large customer portfolio across the UK and abroad.
We are looking for an experienced Plant Fitter to join our Plant & Transport Department based out of Leighton Buzzard depot.
- Maintain and repair plant and equipment as required by the business.
- As an experienced individual, you will be skilled in all aspects of plant machinery repairs, inspections, maintenance repair work and servicing.
- Engineering experience – electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Willing to work overtime and Saturday mornings if required on an ad hoc basis.
- Must have a full driving licence, as the role may require work to be carried out off site and the job holder may need to undertake repairs and maintenance of equipment on our Client sites.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist in ensuring that all items of plant and equipment are inspected, serviced, maintained on a regular basis and that accurate records are kept accordingly.
- Assist in ensuring Services are carried out to a high standard.
- Ensure any breakdowns, repairs and defects are addressed as soon as possible but completed before the item of plant or equipment is required for work.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is compliant with Health and Safety regulations, not allowing any plant that has not been repaired to be taken out.
- Order any parts required for plant and equipment as needed from suppliers, negotiating costs for new purchases/parts.
- To provide maintenance cover in absence of the Plant & Transport Manager.
- To undertake Warehouse Co-ordinator responsibilities and implement a system for logging of plant and materials In-Out.
- To take responsibility for deliveries into the Yard ensuring goods are stored in a safe manner and logged for stock control purposes.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- To be able to deliver quality workmanship.
- Willing to be part of a growing team in a rewarding environment.
- Must have experience in similar working environment or with large plant such as agricultural plant and equipment.
- Plant Maintenance NVQ
- Mechanic qualifications are preferable.
- Experience with working with large and small plant is required.
- Welding and PAT testing experience would be beneficial.
- FLT trained & competent would be beneficial.
- Abrasive wheels trained would be beneficial.
Technical skills & Experience
- Demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Confident communicator (written and verbal).
- Energised and motivated with an elevated level of commitment.
- Ability to work with others to provide a high-quality service and to want to be part of a team.
- Confident in raising any safety concerns to ensure all works are completed in line with statutory requirements.
- Ability to prioritise and understanding the business priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Committed to learning and development where required by the Company in order to progress.
The contract will be a minimum of 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday) and occasional Saturday overtime may be required. You will require a full driving licence as there may be occasions where you need to attend work sites to undertake repairs.
You will join a team of passionate, hard-working and dedicated people.
To express your interest please apply via email to:
Closing Date: Monday 11 February 2019
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.